SASIG News & Initiatives
In March 2018, SASIG launched its new website. With a new look and improved functionality, the website should make it easier for members, non-members and all interested parties to navigate the SASIG site and access relevant, up-to-date information.
SASIG has recently responded to the following Government consultations:
- Transport Select Committee enquiry into the revised proposal for an Airports National Policy Statement
- DfT Proposed Approach to Developing a New UK Aviation Strategy
- DfT Aviation Strategy: Calls for evidence consultation
- DfT Draft NPS consultation
- DfT Consultation on reforming UK Airspace policy
- CAA Consultation on proposals for a revised airspace change process.
For a list of upcoming 2018 consultations, visit our consultations page.
SASIG has recently attended the following Government and Regulator led workshops:
- DEFRA noise stakeholder
- CAA community discussion forum
- Airspace and Noise Engagement Group (ANEG)
- Other industry stakeholders meeting with CAA Board
A letter from the LGA Chairman, Lord Porter, complimenting SASIG on its annual report to the Leadership Board and welcoming the Group’s achievements can be seen here.