SASIG News & Initiatives
- The SASIG Chairman and the Head of the SASIG Secretariat met with the Aviation Minister, Baroness Sugg on 19th November 2018.
- In October 2018, the Chairman of SASIG, Cllr Keith Artus was invited by the Department for Transport to sit on the newly formed UK Airspace Strategy Board, a new high level forum which is charged with oversight of the future direction of airspace policy.
In March 2018, SASIG launched its new website. With a new look and improved functionality, the website should make it easier for members, non-members and all interested parties to navigate the SASIG site and access relevant, up-to-date information.
SASIG has recently responded to the following Government consultations:
- Transport Select Committee enquiry into the revised proposal for an Airports National Policy Statement
- DfT Proposed Approach to Developing a New UK Aviation Strategy
- DfT Aviation Strategy: Calls for evidence consultation
- DfT Draft NPS consultation
- DfT Consultation on reforming UK Airspace policy
- CAA Consultation on proposals for a revised airspace change process.
For a list of upcoming 2018 consultations, visit our consultations page.
SASIG has recently attended the following Government and Regulator led workshops:
- DEFRA noise stakeholder
- CAA community discussion forum
- Airspace and Noise Engagement Group (ANEG)
- Other industry stakeholders meeting with CAA Board
A letter from the LGA Chairman, Lord Porter, complimenting SASIG on its annual report to the Leadership Board and welcoming the Group’s achievements can be seen here.